[CT Birds] Stratford Babies

Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Sun Jul 1 22:12:18 EDT 2012

It was a day of babies for me today.
Stratford Greenway I watched the baby Swallows lined up on the wires along Beacon Point Road waiting to be fed.  How interesting to watch that and see how the parents feed them and them fly back up to leave.  And then at the boat ramp babies were lined up on a reed getting fed.
Shakespeare Theatre had baby Catbirds and baby Starlings
Marshes had baby Mourning Doves
And /immature juvenile Boat Tailed Grackles, Starlings and Robins.
At Long Beach there was a Snowy Egret that has a white/gray bill along the Marsh side.  I was about 8 feet away from him and got a good luck and was able to get a few photos before he flew about 20 feet off.  It didn't appear to be dried mud.  Also several Willets, Killdeer and RWBB dive bombing the Great Egrets who didn't seem to care.
Links to photos

Babies Today
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151004284137439.448805.726347438&type=3

Yesterday