[CT Birds] extralimital: Brown Booby, Long Island, NY

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 16:34:24 EDT 2012

This afternoon around 2:15pm Derek Rogers and Arie Gilbert reported an
immature Brown Booby flying eastward along the beach at Westhampton,
NY. While the likelihood of this bird entering Long Island Sound is
very slim, you never know. It should be noted that this is the second
summer in a row with multiple Brown Boobies wandering up the Atlantic
coast (as far north as New Brunswick six weeks ago), so even CT
birders should be alert. Brown Boobies are often found roosting on
buoys, channel markers, and jetties. So look through all those

The Little Stint in RI has NOT been seen yet today, as far as I have heard.

The coastal birding in our region continues to be as hot as the
weather! (Sorry, couldn't help myself)

Good birding,

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT