[CT Birds] Color-banded Kestrels?

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Fri Jul 6 23:36:21 EDT 2012

I am passing along the message blow for Tom Sayers.  It sounds like he has quite a successful project, so it would be great if any of those birds get reported.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT

I am asking for any help that CT birders can offer in
monitoring the movement of color banded kestrels
from my project area in North Central CT.  This
breeding season I will have color banded 18 adult
kestrels and over 100 young birds. The color bands,
depending on the pattern, can be found on either the
right leg, the left leg, or both.  Each color combination
represents a unique nestbox in my study area. For
the remainder of this calendar year, if you happen to
observe a kestrel with color bands on its legs, please
email me with the location, as specific as possible, of
your observation. The more eyes out there, the better.
I would deeply appreciate any reports that might be
generated by this email. My email address is
sayers.tom at gmail.com.

Thanks you

Tom Sayers, Tolland