[CT Birds] Milford;Roseate Tern

Mike Warner mjwarner at optonline.net
Wed Jul 11 16:17:42 EDT 2012

     A Roseate Tern was well seen at the CACC today when it flew in from the east and in front of the viewing patform on the Long Island side. Then it turned north and flew over the tree line of the Coastal Center.  I could not re-find it from the marsh viewing platform.
     No luck with the Black Tern at low tide today.  The large flock of Common Terns continues at the north end of the offshore rock jetty.  I counted 133 Common Terns from the end of the Fishermans Trail.  There's just no telling what was on the other side of that jetty!

Mike Warner
Wilton CT.