[CT Birds] Amusing crows

Sarah Faulkner sffaulkner at comcast.net
Thu Jul 12 19:36:12 EDT 2012

Just to share my amusement, I was entertained for several hours this morning after I hung up a newly washed Halloween cape -- covered with shiny silver stars -- on the line to dry.  I had three American crows, one fish crow, and one raven all arguing for a very long time about what, exactly, was that shiny stuff in my yard.  They kept flying closer, looking skeptically at the laundry, and calling to each other.

Sarah Faulkner

If you want to build a ship, don't herd people together to collect wood and don't assign them
tasks and work but rather, teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea."
                           -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery