[CT Birds] COA Long-legged Waders Workshop

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Sun Jul 15 13:36:51 EDT 2012

Hello, fellow birders:

Here is the announcement for the long-legged waders workshop for this coming
Saturday at Barn Island Wildlife Management Area in Stonington.  Advanced
registration is not required, but I would be pleased if interested birders
let me know that they are planning on coming to the workshop.  I will be
handing out prepared materials on each species to all participants and I
would like to have an idea how many copies to make.

Thanks, good birding, and I hope to see you there!

Chris Loscalzo,

Woodbridge

COA Long-legged Waders Workshop

Saturday, July 21st, 2012 at 9:00 am

Barn Island Wildlife Management Area, Stonington.

Learn how to identify herons, egrets, and ibis.  Learn how to differentiate
between similar species, such as juvenile Black-crowned and Yellow-crowned
Night Heron.  Learn about their feeding and nesting habits and where to find
them in Connecticut.  The workshop will be geared towards beginner and
intermediate birders.  Meet at the gravel parking lot opposite the Marsh
Viewing area, just north of the boat launch.  We'll spend some time
discussing the different waders, then go out on the trail to see what we can
find.  Barn Island WMA is located at the end of Palmer Neck Road in
Stonington.  Bring plenty of bug spray and sunscreen.  ALSO: bring something
comfortable to sit on.  Free and open to the public.  Leader:  Chris
Loscalzo at  <mailto:closcalz at optonline.net> closcalz at optonline.net or
203-389-6508.