[CT Birds] Peep in winter plumage

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 12:52:26 EDT 2012

Normally I would say that a first-summer Semipalmated Sandpiper would
be most likely, followed by Western Sandpiper, but there has been a
gray basic-plumaged Sanderling that has spent much of the summer at
Sandy Point. Presumably a first-summer bird that did not attain
adult-like breeding plumage. So that might be the most likely given
the location.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT