[CT Birds] Barn Island - BB Cuckoo

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 17 08:56:21 EDT 2012

from Glenn Williams:
7/17 - Stonington, Barn Island -- BLACK-BILLED CUCKOO

Nick Bonomo gave me a heads up that Wilson's Storm-Petrels were being seen from land on Long Island, so I did an hour-long scan from Stonington Point without luck.  Nothing more interesting than some Purple Martins and a Black-crowned Night-Heron.  Two Common Loons were present in basic plumage.  One was daintier and about 15% smaller than the other, but a common none the less.  Green-heads, deer flies, and mosquitoes were brutal at Barn Island at dawn (duh) despite copious amounts of bug spray.

Glenn Williams