[CT Birds] Today's Canoe Tour

peeplo at aol.com peeplo at aol.com
Thu Jul 19 14:12:58 EDT 2012

Hi All,

We took a group of our older summer campers through the marsh at Milford Point today and had quite a nice trip. The overcast conditions made for ideal viewing conditions. Highlights included: 16-17 Yellow-crowned Night-Herons, 2 adult Black-crowned Night-Herons, 2 Glossy Ibis, 8 Great Egrets, 7 Snowy Egrets, 1 Clapper Rail, 3 Willets, 2 Greater Yellowlegs, 12 Least Sandpipers, 20+ singing Marsh Wrens, 1-2 Seaside Sparrows and 2 American Oystercatchers. Shorebird numbers are building, and there were 500-600 peeps feeding on the mudflats at low tide today. There are also many migrant swallows moving through...

Frank Gallo

Life is short. Bird often.