[CT Birds] Wood Thrush, Hamden

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Thu Jul 19 20:32:14 EDT 2012

So, now nearing 8:30 pm at North Lake Dr., we hear a Wood Thrush.

Flo, in RWA territory, to the N.W. of us.

WT has also been infrequent this season, here or on my wife's walks.  I think others commented on low WT numbers this year.  Do we have wider data?  Is it just location variation, or a low year.

So, today includes Screech Owl, C. Wren, W.T., along with Titmice, Chickadees, Goldfinch, House Finch, Downy, Red Bellied WP, Red Winged BB, Cat Bird, Cardinal, Blue Jay, Grackle, Turkey, Mourning Dove, Pigeon: 17 species, heard from home or around feeder, and that's a quite casual list.