[CT Birds] Great White Egret, West Haven

busterggi at aol.com busterggi at aol.com
Fri Jul 20 12:53:53 EDT 2012

Spotted this one while coming into work this morning near the marina.

So far its been pretty quiet in New Britain this summer - the Cardinals seem to have fledged, the doves certainly have & their youngsters are visiting the yard, House Sparrows up the wahzoo along with the usual crowd of Blue Jays.  The House Finches have made it back to the feeder lately and the Grackles have become regulars.  Robins doing a marvelous job of catching bugs.  And the Mockingbirds have finally landed in the yard after teasing me for months stopping at all the neighbor's properties but not mine - though they still haven't come to the front yard with the rest.  I did get to see a Bluebird in Guilford about a month ago while doing an asthma visit, first one in several years.