[CT Birds] Eastern Screech Owl, Green Heron in E. Hartford

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 21:49:23 EDT 2012

Well, you never know where you will find a bird!  I was in the parking lot
of a CVS on Main Street, loading a shopping bag into the car when I saw a
bird fly into a bare tree bordering the parking lot.  My first guess was
confirmed as I ripped out my binocs and enjoyed a Green Heron in the
evening light.  As I pulled out, he flew off in the direction of the CT
River.  Tonight I just heard a little Eastern Screech Owl whinneying in the
woods behind my house.  Birding where you are is not so bad.

Dana Campbell, Interim Rector
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Meriden
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come."

Chinese Proverb