[CT Birds] Eastern Screech Owl, Green Heron in E. Hartford

Dana Campbell dana.l.campbell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 21:49:23 EDT 2012

Well, you never know where you will find a bird!  I was in the parking lot
of a CVS on Main Street, loading a shopping bag into the car when I saw a
bird fly into a bare tree bordering the parking lot.  My first guess was
confirmed as I ripped out my binocs and enjoyed a Green Heron in the
evening light.  As I pulled out, he flew off in the direction of the CT
River.  Tonight I just heard a little Eastern Screech Owl whinneying in the
woods behind my house.  Birding where you are is not so bad.

--
Dana Campbell, Interim Rector
St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Meriden
dana.l.campbell at gmail.com

"Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come."

Chinese Proverb