[CT Birds] Ash Borers/Treatment Affect on Birds

Donna Caporaso donnacap at aol.com
Sat Jul 21 22:00:32 EDT 2012

I have a friend in Ohio who treats Ash trees regularly for Ash Borers.  This is what she suggests.
"I use two products. one is Bidrin, this gets done every other yr. what it does is kill any kind of insect inside tree all together. then i use a product called Xytec/ Mallet, this is done yrly and is used as a barrier so no new insects can enter. worst part is tree becomes infected in top of canopy and by the time its realized its to late. so u guys should start treatments right away."

I have not checked to see what affects this items might have on birds/wildlife.  Would anyone know?  I don't have an Ash tree but a few friends do and aren't sure if the treatments outweigh the risk to wildlife/birds.

Donna Caporaso
Stratford, CT