[CT Birds] Ash Borers/Treatment Affect on Birds

Paul Koker pkoker2011 at charter.net
Sun Jul 22 10:50:14 EDT 2012

Donna (et al.),
I am no expert on chemicals, nor am I an arborist so perhaps the treatments
listed below are "environmentally friendly".  However, while I respect your
friend trying to save ash trees, I cannot believe that anything the "kills
any kind of insect inside the tree" won't have any downstream effect.
Perhaps not in the same category but I am reminded of films where people
were told of how safe DDT was because "it only kills mosquitoes".

I am fortunate to have 5 species of woodpeckers on my property.  Ash trees
probably don't play a big part in their world, but I wouldn't want to see
their numbers decline.

New Milford