[CT Birds] AOU order change

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Tue Jul 24 09:22:22 EDT 2012

If there is any insanity involved it is the birding community blindly continuing to follow taxonomic order.  For decades it was stable enough to make sense for birders to ride along.  Today the rate of change is higher, and accelerating, and going in directions that do not fit the needs of birding.  Maybe someday the ABA will try to work something out for North America at least that fits those needs and just stays put, but I'm not holding my breath on that.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT