[CT Birds] String fencing removal assistance

Scott Kruitbosch skruitbosch at ctaudubon.org
Tue Jul 24 11:33:02 EDT 2012

The Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection and the Audubon Alliance for Coastal Waterbirds are looking for assistance in removing string fencing from Long Beach in Stratford, Milford Point in Milford, and Bluff Point in Groton. Right now, we are targeting the week of August 13. The more hands we have the faster this work goes, and we would love to have anyone come to help in any way. If you are available and willing to help that week, please tell us what site(s) you can assist with and what day(s) you are available by emailing us at ctwaterbirds at gmail.com. That way we can best coordinate staff and volunteer availability in this busy time of year. Any time that you give also provides us with more critical volunteer hours to put to the project.

Thank you! Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Audubon Alliance for Coastal Waterbirds, Audubon Connecticut and the Connecticut Audubon Society partnering to improve conditions for coastal waterbirds in Connecticut.

Scott Kruitbosch
Conservation Technician
Connecticut Audubon Society
2325 Burr St.