[CT Birds] Milford Point Nesting

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Wed Jul 25 22:22:29 EDT 2012

Passing this along.

 From Kevin Doyle:
Today Wednesday at Milford Point where I have been following nesting American Oyster Catchers I was pleasantly surprised to find one chick though 2 weeks ago the female was sitting on 3 eggs. I have been made aware that the two pairs at Milford had already lost eggs this season and we are fortunate that at least one survived. Both parents were in a slowly rising tidal pool with the chick running around on the shells and both parents didn't hesitate to chase off a black crowned night heron and a snowy egret who got just a little close for their comfort.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT