[CT Birds] Baltimore oriole & house wrens

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 17:22:26 EDT 2012

7/25-7/27 Orange backyard feeder
I put an "old" orange on a stick by my suet feeder Wednesday.  Since then,
a female (possibly juvenile) Baltimore Oriole has been feasting on the
pulp.  I put fresh orange out this morning and the oriole has been visiting
and eating all day. Usually I have a pair come through the yard and leave,
but this one has been enjoying the orange for a few days now.
Also have a second nesting of House Wrens in a bird house in yard. (Cleaned
out the house after the first set fledged)
Lots of juicy bugs & spiders being brought in and it looks like the
juveniles (at least 2 again) are ready to fledge.
Family of catbirds enjoying the suet and oranges too.
Bev Propen, Orange