[CT Birds] Milford shorebirds

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 31 23:38:03 EDT 2012

7/31  Milford, Milford Point - this morning just after high tide, I spent 2
hours looking through the huge flocks of shorebirds (and terns) of .  Nothing
rare found.  Highlights:
5,000 Semipalmated Sandpipers (pretty accurate estimate after studying/counting
birds in photographed flocks. Amazing clouds of birds when they flushed.), 66
Sanderlings, 60 Semipalmated Plovers, 37 Ruddy Turnstones, 170 Common Terns, 23
Least Terns, 1 Common Loon.

On 7/30, I did the same here, and managed to find 1 Western Sandpiper among the
SESA flocks.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford