[CT Birds] Drama at a traffic light

zellene sandler zellene at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 1 10:01:36 EDT 2012

I was stopped at a red light at Trout Brook Dr and Farmington Ave, a busy
intersection in West Hartford. Suddenly a young rabbit darted into the
street...somehow it made it to the opposite curb, but couldn't get up onto
the sidewalk. Within a second as it started running along the street next
to the curb,a Red-tailed hawk swooped down and plucked it up. The hawk was
being chased by a crow. I was stunned, as was another spectator standing on
the sidewalk next to my car.

We were rooting for the bunny, but nature took its course.

Zellene