[CT Birds] Riverside Park Sewage Pond

paul cianfaglione pgcianfaglione at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 08:52:35 EDT 2012

Hi Frank,
I believe most of the egrets roost overnight at nearby locations, though
some actually roost right there at the sewage pond itself. Almost all of
the egrets that are found in the Hartford area right now occur here as a
result of post breeding dispersal. If they do commute daily to and from the
shore, I would be very surprised. So far, I haven't witnessed any day-end
mass exodus of egrets toward the shore like I have with winter gulls.

Paul Cianfaglione