[CT Birds] Heron vs Redwing

Elaine Taylor etbchs at aol.com
Wed Aug 1 16:58:25 EDT 2012

I am thrilled to say that I was able to capture an amazing  photo of a Great Blue Heron in flight. However, the reason I am posting about it is this: in downloading the pic to my computer, I saw that I had, unknowingly,  captured  a male redwing bb nipping at the backside of the heron while in flight- redwing colors very clear. Just behind the Heron's pointed feet was the female redwing bb! High against the clear blue sky... Nature at work! I would also like to note the 3 Green Herons have begun feeding for themselves after 2 weeks of learning how to do so. You can see them from the fishing dock in the pond off Matthews street in Bristol! ( across from the be school).
Elaine Taylor- Bristol
Sent from my iPhone