[CT Birds] On the raod again!

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Fri Aug 3 04:12:42 EDT 2012

Anything I send for the next several weeks will probably be OT, so I'll be
brief. I'm currently heading to SW Arizona (in my new car) and yesterday
was my  second day on the road, I'm currently in Oklahoma city, ready to head
out again.  Yesterday I saw my first "western" bird, a very clearly marked
immature Swainson's Hawk soaring over I-44 west of Joplin near the Mo-Ok
 I thought I'd found the first bug in the new car when I left  Tulsa
yesterday, as the temperature shown on my car's outside  thermometer went from 111
degrees to 114, then 117 and finally 118!  "Knowing" that couldn't be right
because the US doesn't have temps like that I  made a mental note to see
the dealer when I got back. But a few minutes later  the Tulsa station I was
listening to said the temp was 112 - down from  116.
Don Morgan
Coventry and Oklahoma City