[CT Birds] Wilton;Barnswallows

Mike Warner mjwarner at optonline.net
Sun Aug 5 09:31:04 EDT 2012

8/5/12  Allens Meadows  08:30 -

     I'm not sure where this flock may breed or build their nests, but at this time of year, they gather at Allens to forage for food.  The juveniles far outnumber the adults and twice, I had a fairly accurate count of 40 birds.  I probably missed a few behind me or overhead while I sat in my car.  I didn't see any other specie of Swallow among them.  Just before I left, they flew up to a height of 200 feet and began feeding in a tight group.  That swarm of insects didn't stand a chance.

MIke Warner
Wilton, CT.