[CT Birds] Bufflehead in New Haven Harbor

Mark Szantyr birdinggeek at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 19:05:19 EDT 2012

At midday today while finishing a lunch meeting at Leon's at Long Warf on New Haven Harbor,  i found a female type Bufflehead perched on broken wooden pilings just off the walkway between the restaurant and the corporate towers. I was able to get good pictures before i was told by tower security that photography was not allowed in the area and that i should not be surprised if i was contacted by Homeland Security as the area was under satelite surveillance.  I said..." but its early August and there is a Bufflehead

If you go make sure you have your papers in order.