[CT Birds] Homing pigeons continued

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 8 12:50:06 EDT 2012

When I was living in apartment in Plainsboro, NJ many years ago I noted a pigeon hanging around the bottom of the steps of my apartment building. Being concerned about the pigeon I called the local police and asked them about what I could do about the pigeon. The police referred me to a local man who kept homing pigeons. This fellow came around and collected the pigeon. As Paul mentioned this homing pigeon person said the owner of this pigeon would not likely like to have the pigeon back as it had lost it's way and failed to return 'home".

David W Babington
Washington, CT