[CT Birds] Homing pigeons continued

wingsct at juno.com wingsct at juno.com
Thu Aug 9 07:47:10 EDT 2012

I've had several pigeon racing fanciers tell me that if a pigeon didn't win the raceor make it back home in timely fashion, it's not wanted or is "destroyed".Often, it's not the pigeon's fault - they do get caught up in storms, are attackedby hawks.I've gotten in many, many racers over the years coming from very far off places,e.g. PA, Ohio, Indiana.  I've seen guys with out of state plates pull over on parkwaysand release birds.And some of these guys wonder and whine about what happened to their birds orwhy are they disappearing? Meredith SampsonOld Greenwich