[CT Birds] photo ID help

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 10 19:22:22 EDT 2012

Hi John,
I'd say both birds are Least Sandpipers, bright rufous juvenile on the left,
duller adult on the right.  If you disregard their coloration and markings, and
just look at the shapes of their bodies, heads, and bills, then they look
identical.  White-rumped would be noticeably larger than a Least.

It was great (finally) meeting you,  in Florida, at the Thick-billed Vireo.
Frank Mantlik