[CT Birds] Post rain birds - Allen's Meadows

streatham2003 at aol.com streatham2003 at aol.com
Sat Aug 11 14:17:26 EDT 2012

Hi All,

Nothing rare to report but it was interesting to find good numbers of non-breeding passerines at Allen's in a quick drive by birding session late evening yesterday. These included 3 species of warblers that don't breed - best of which were two or three Prairies, four or five Indigo Buntings and a similar number of empidonax flycatchers of which two were certainly Leasts and the rest Traill's types as best as I could tell, as well as one Bobolink. I guess it's worth looking out for non-shorebird movement as well, although to be honest I was hoping to add to my rather limited Allen's Meadows shorebird species list at the time - maybe this afternoon?

Luke Tiller, Wilton