[CT Birds] FW: RI Pelagic Sept. 6th

philiprusch at charter.net philiprusch at charter.net
Sat Aug 11 21:30:23 EDT 2012

I've been asked to forward this to CT BIRDS by Carlos Pedro from Rhode
Island.

Phil Rusch
Chaplin, CT

For the fourth year an overnight Pelagic trip has been scheduled to
Block Canyon
and the shelf edge south of RI. I have reserved September 6 th on the
'Lady
Frances' out of Galilee, RI. The boat would depart on Thursday September
6th at 9 PM
and return on the 7th at 9 PM.There are bunks onboard for 45 passengers
but this
trip will be limited to 40.The idea would be to sleep on the way and
wake up at
dawn 90 miles out on the shelf edge, bird until 3 PM and return to port.
There is a full
Galley and food and drink can be bought or you can bring your own. The
cost of the trip
if we can get 40 birders will be $175. This price includes a tip for the
mates.

This trip could present a great opportunity to possibly see some of the
rarer
visitors to RI waters such as Audubon's Shearwater, Bridled and Arctic
Tern,
South Polar Skua, Jaegers, White-faced and Leech's Storm-petrels and
Band-rumped Storm-petrel. On previous trips we have had a Black-capped
Petrel,
Bridled Tern, Band-rumped Storm-petrel,Long-tailed Jaegers and many
Audubon's
Shearwaters. We continue to hope for White-faced Storm-petrel and this
trip is scheduled to
offer the greatest possibility.

Please let me know if you are interested as soon as possible. Payment
would be
due in mid August. My e-mail is

                    dcpedro at cox.net.

Further info on the 'Lady Frances' can be obtained on the 'FRANCES
FLEET' website.

Carlos Pedro