[CT Birds] Orange backyard ruckus

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 15:29:02 EDT 2012

8/22  Orange, backyard.
Returning home from my Audubon volunteering, I heard a huge ruckus of birds
screeching in the backyard.  I went back to examine, and there was a Sharp
shinned hawk sitting on a branch, being mobbed by 3 Blue Jays,
 3 Mockingbirds, and 4 Robins.  All of them screeching, dive bombing the
Sharpie.  The sharpie saw me and didn't budge.  Only after repeated attacks
by the Robins, mockingbirds and blue jays did it finally retreat into
another yard.  In the past several days, I have seen puffs of feathers near
the feeders and assumed a hawk was patrolling the yard.
Beverly Propen, Orange