[CT Birds] Sad news for insectivores

teustis at killingworthlibrary.org teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Thu Aug 23 07:54:05 EDT 2012

This distresses me! All I know is, I spent over an hour sitting outside last night, watching tree swallows drift south to their roost on the CT River, catching sight of a lone nighthawk, and hearing a pair of late-season orioles chattering from the treetops... and there wasn't a single mosquito to bother me. No spraying here. Just plenty of birds... and fish, bats, and praying mantises. When will humans learn?
~ Tammy Eustis, Chester