[CT Birds] Barn Island Boat Launch to Napatree Pt: Black Terns, Red Knots, Loons

Sailcarm sailcarm at aol.com
Fri Aug 24 18:52:50 EDT 2012

From Barn Island boat launch to Napatree Pt in RI this afternoon, we had the following birds of interest (dead high tide):

5 Common Loons, 3 in CT waters, 2 at Napatree, one of which was in almost full breeding plumage and right next to our boat.

3 Black Terns roosting with at least 200 Common Terns.  A few Least Terns.

3 Red Knots at Napatree

1 Imm. Little Blue Heron among 8 Snowy Egrets at Napatree

Hundreds of Tree Swallows over Napatree Pt-- absolutely amazing!!!!

Carolyn and Carmin Cimino

Sent from my iPad