[CT Birds] Waxwing ?

Elaine Taylor etbchs at aol.com
Sat Aug 25 09:19:32 EDT 2012

I had 3 immature waxwings here yesterday along with one adult. They appeared to be testing their flight and feed source finding skills. Here's the thing... Their coloring was far less yellow and the mask/crest where very black. Overall, they appeared grey, not the brownish look I'm used to seeing. I was only a couple yards away, so I don't think their color was affected by stray light as such. Any chance these could have been Bohemian! That's pretty unlikely, isn't it?

Sent from my iPhone