[CT Birds] Stratford;Bairds Sandpiper

Mike Warner mjwarner at optonline.net
Sat Aug 25 16:39:50 EDT 2012

8/25/12 Stratford, Beacon Point 3:30 pm.

     Sitting on a bench and scoping the marsh,  I saw two Peregrines flush two small flocks of shorebirds of 20 birds each from the right corner of  the AVCO lagoon. A short while later, a Baird's Sandpiper appeared on  the remaing shoreline of a small grassy island in front of me as the tide came in.  Earlier I was at Milford Point CACC and saw a Black and White Warbler just west of the building.  The usual shorebirds were very scarce on the bars with a steady breeze blowing in, but the marsh at low tide held quite a few peeps.

Mike Warner
Wilton, CT.