[CT Birds] Ellington screech owl

Steve Mayo rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 25 20:59:50 EDT 2012

Interesting Karl, I've got one calling right now (ie 2 hours later) in a cedar tree right next to my front steps!  It's great to hear the subtle changes in the "whinny" and trills.  I was just a few feet away from the little strixine beast (didn't see it).  The call is actually a low volume.  But as we know, the higher frequencies seem louder and carry for quite a distance

Steve Mayo
Bethany