[CT Birds] Rocky Hill Meadows - Red Crossbill Flyover

Bill Asteriades Asterbunch at cox.net
Sun Aug 26 07:35:21 EDT 2012

While at the Rocky Hill Meadows yesterday, I had 1 Red Crossbill calling as it flew over. There may have been three Crossbills since it was flying with 2 other birds but they were not calling and I did not get a good enough look to confirm id.  The pools have dried up at the Meadows which will not help attract certain shorebird species although the Killdeer and Least Sandpiper counts continue to rise.

8/25/12 Rocky Hill, Rocky Hill Meadows - 1 RED CROSSBILL flyover.

Bill Asteriades
South Glastonbury, CT