[CT Birds] Semipalmated Plover or Downy young Killdeer

Edward Dettore ctbirding at mail.com
Sun Aug 26 12:11:01 EDT 2012

While digging into, The Sibley Guide to Birds, I quickly ID'd the bird pictured in the link below as a Semipalmated Plover. Then I turn the page, and I see the Downy young Killdeer can easily be confused with the Semipalmated Plover. I am leaning towards Semipalmated Plover, mainly because the bird isn't really, "downy" like; however, I spotted the SEPL amoungst about 25 Killdeer.

 Also, I am IDing the bird in the link below as a Semipalmated Sandpiper. What do you think?

 Ed Dettore

 p.s. Both birds were seen at Rocky Hill Meadows.