[CT Birds] Semipalmated Plover or Downy young Killdeer

Edward Dettore ctbirding at mail.com
Sun Aug 26 12:11:01 EDT 2012

While digging into, The Sibley Guide to Birds, I quickly ID'd the bird pictured in the link below as a Semipalmated Plover. Then I turn the page, and I see the Downy young Killdeer can easily be confused with the Semipalmated Plover. I am leaning towards Semipalmated Plover, mainly because the bird isn't really, "downy" like; however, I spotted the SEPL amoungst about 25 Killdeer.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/107605353618421013589/albums/5727665918721749121/5781011271224898226

 Also, I am IDing the bird in the link below as a Semipalmated Sandpiper. What do you think?

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/107605353618421013589/albums/5727665918721749121/5781014442014559682

 Thanks,
 Ed Dettore

 p.s. Both birds were seen at Rocky Hill Meadows.