[CT Birds] Another White-eyed Vireo in Millstone area of Waterford

Sailcarm sailcarm at aol.com
Sun Aug 26 13:12:14 EDT 2012

On my morning walk today I took a dirt path down from the former Southwest School onto a street in my neighborhood.  It is a short dirt path thru a few acres of woods and as soon as I was on the path I heard and subsequently saw a WE Vireo.  About a week ago I reported another one in a thickety area near Millstone.

I am wondering if they are perhaps birds that have been displaced by the ongoing work on the powercut coming out of Millstone, or perhaps they are just migrating thru.   Hopefully they were nesters.  The Millstone Powercut off RT 156 here in Waterford was a great spot for WE Vireo as well as Prairie Warbler, and others have had Chats there too.  Hopefully the area will return to early successional habitat once the work is completed.

Carolyn Cimino

Sent from my iPad