[CT Birds] Possible LITTLE STINT. LARK SPARROW, etc.

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 27 11:45:46 EDT 2012

8/27  After some enlightening comments from shorebird experts Julian Hough,
Kevin Karlson, and Paul Lehman, it appears as though the possible Little Stint I
found on 8/20 was probably an unusually bright Semipalmated Sandpiper, which
also exhibited an unusually prominent split supercillium.  The latter two
experts still encouraged me to post the details and photos on ID Frontiers to
get additional comments from experts based in Europe and Asia.  If I do, and get
any different assessments, I will post them.  But for now, I'm inclined to agree
with Julian that it was, in fact, a Semipalmated Sandpiper.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford, CT