[CT Birds] Common nighthawks

Grimm, Chris chris.grimm at globepequot.com
Wed Aug 29 00:05:48 EDT 2012

Comparable sighting over in Greens Farms (including the dragonflies).
I walked outside at around 7:15 in the midst of many heading (suprisingly) north, away from the water - presumably feeding.  At that point I saw 30+, but I had pretty much just walked in on them.
About fifteen mintues later began the more obvious migration, toward the south and west,  41 total birds, roughly split into staggered groups of 18 and 23.  Was surprised at how low some of these were flying.  Great show.