[CT Birds] Hawk count tally sheet error in new Connecticut Warbler

John D Babington davewb07 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 29 15:36:09 EDT 2012

I got my new Connecticut Warbler in the mail today. I was paging through the new CT Warbler and noted the article on the 2011 Fall Hawk Watch. Checking the tally pages with this article I was surprised to see that Chestnut Hill (Litchfield, CT) was listed as having 11 northern harriers (NH), see page 105 of the  CT Warbler. I know for a fact that Chestnut Hill had no NH's in the Fall 2011. I also noted that the above tally sheet noted no bald eagle's (BE's) at Chestnut Hill, which I know is not correct. It appears that the BE's  become NH's on this tally sheet. Oops, a bit of typo I am sorry to report. Move all the NH's to the BE column on this tally sheet.

David W Babington
Washington, CT