[CT Birds] Assorted reports

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Thu Aug 30 22:46:52 EDT 2012

Passing these along.

 From Carol Goertz:
8/30/12  Cheshire backyard at feeder, Red-Breasted Nuthatch

 From Cheryl McClellan
I saw two huge birds this week at the Middlesex Mutual Building.  I work on
the 9th floor and have windows overlooking Middletown.  Tuesday one, then
two huge birds came and hung on the railings there.  I knew they weren't
hawks, but that they were raptors because of the size of their talons and
their beaks.  I did a Google Image search and identified them as Black
Vultures.  Today was the third day they have hung out on the 9th floor.
Just wanted to let you know.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT