[CT Birds] This morn at Bakersville

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 31 09:50:36 EDT 2012

This morn at Bakersville swamp New Hartford, It was again quiet. Best bird was a
Merlin, but little else. However -

I am noticing for the past week, so many Hummingbirds out there moving this late
summer, as if they are making
 a very early push South this year. They seem to be showing up everywhere.

Yesterday, while I was watering my newly planted grass seed with my fine spray
head, a Male Ruby t Hummingbird
came over and took a lengthy shower in the fine spray. What a neat experience!
He went in and out of the spray
many times, then off to a sunny spot in a tall tree and preened.

Paul Carrier - Harwinton