[CT Birds] Black Skimmer in Darien and Whimbrel in Groton

Folsom-O'Keefe, Corrie cfolsom-okeefe at audubon.org
Fri Aug 31 12:18:31 EDT 2012

8/29/2012 - Kayaking from Pear Tree Point Beach in Darien to Vincent Island and back. While surveying for American Oystercatchers, Nicole Norelli and I observed one Black Skimmer just off of Greenway Island.

8/30/2012 - Bluff Point State Park - While conducting an International Shorebird Survey for the Audubon Alliance, I observed a flyby Whimbrel giving its seven whistles call.  The bird was spooked by a plane and flew off to the west.

Corrie Folsom-O'Keefe
Meriden, CT