[CT Birds] Peregrine Falcon, Sharp Shinned Hawk, Red Breasted Nuthatch - Newington

Rob Ballinger rayn4est at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 17:59:44 EDT 2012

This is a bit of a compilation.

>From the "better late than never" category:
Thursday, 8/30: PEREGRINE FALCON - flying over Fenn Road near Eagle Drive.
 I wonder if the Balf Quarry birds are still in the area.

>From the "me too...I think" category:
Sunday, 9/2: I think I heard a Red-Breasted Nuthatch tooting in the
backyard, but it could have been a pre-pubescent White-Breasted.

>From the "I was wondering if that would happen" category:
Sunday, 9/2: Adult SHARP-SHINNED HAWK terrorizing the feeder birds in the
backyard.  He's welcome to the house sparrows, house finches, grackles and
mourning doves, there are plenty.  I just hope he leaves my cardinals,
goldfinches and the like alone.

Rob Ballinger
Newington