[CT Birds] Milford Pt 9/4 high tide

Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 4 20:17:31 EDT 2012

It's also been my experience that the number of shorebirds in Milford and Stratford has been quite depressed for the past week or more.  It worries me that perhaps the breeding season on the tundra has been poor, and thus relatively small flocks of juveniles are arriving here...so far.

Also the huge flock of 1000  - 1500 Common Terns that had been there for 1-2 months seem to have departed a few days ago.  Now just 100-200.

I've been hoping that the forecasted heavy rain and east winds today and Wed. would bring some rare birds CT's way.  Nothing today; maybe tomorrow.

Frank Mantlik

Sent from my iPhone