[CT Birds] flycatching

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 5 00:40:17 EDT 2012

Yes Keith, I had that same experience a few years back in my yard as well.

It was an ant hatch, where male and new Queens were flying up from all over the
yard. You could see
them all rising up in unison, hundreds of them. And the birds were taking
advantage as well.
It was a feast, and so many different species where in the Frey, flycatching as
never before.
Even species of birds you would not think flycatch, such as Hummingbirds, many
Woodpeckers and others. Even sky birds like swallows came in from all over to
help rid the

sky of them. Quite a sight it was!

Paul Carrier - Harwinton