[CT Birds] Greenwich Point terns

B Inskeep binskeep at optonline.net
Wed Sep 5 20:38:41 EDT 2012

I also observed a magnificent show of gulls and terms over Stamford - the largest group consisted of surely a thousand birds at West Beach in Shippan; they were feeding on insects in every direction with terms flying much higher up than the gulls. The mass of birds was so extensive that they were feeding over my house as well. This was between 5:30-5:45 pm. When I went back out at 7:00, most had gone and those that remained were gradually moving west. Incredible!

Brenda Inskeep - Stamford