[CT Birds] Hummers

Jan Hollerbach smilifase at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 21:29:27 EDT 2012

Like other posters to this site, I'm getting a number of female and immatures at the feeder and in the hummingbird garden. I didn't even have a hummingbird feeder until the other day. Saturday there was a hummingbird flying around my regular sunflower seed feeder. It was funny to see it "hanging" with my backyard birds. I know this sounds anthropomorphic, but it seemed like she was buzzing around thinking "How do you get the nectar out of this thing???".   She was really scoping it out from all angles!  I felt so guilty I ran out and bought a feeder and immediately boiled up some nectar!  So now I have visitors in both the front and backyards, some at feeder and some enjoying the salvia and Cuphea.

Jan Hollerbach
Fairfield

Sent from my iPhone